Administrative Assistant/Construction Loan Assistant
This position provides assistance to the leader of the Construction Loan Department, back-up to the Loan Disbursements Specialist, and support to the department loan officers.
- Provide assistance to the leader of the construction loan department.
- Provide back-up to Construction Loan Disbursements Specialist in processing construction loan advances in conformance with Bank' s policies and procedures and in maintaining complete and well organized records on same.
- Provide back-up to Construction Loan Disbursements Specialist in monitoring disbursement requests and inspection reports for signs of changes in risk and report.
- Manage and maintain loan files per established Bank procedures (including the supervision of conversion of prospect files to client files as well as up-loading of same to the FDM site).
- Provide support to the Real Estate Department loan officers in the processing of new loan requests and the management of existing loans and client relationships.
- Assist in oversee facilities and day-to-day office operations at the Redwood City office including:
- Supply ordering.
- Secondary contact on facilities issue in Redwood City.
- Data entry, maintenance and reporting of all financial transactions for multiple business and project entities.
- Maintains contract administration.
- Prepares reconciliations for specified accounts.
- Assists management in insuring compliance with applicable banking regulations, with particular emphasis on the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Participates in the on-going computerization of the loan review function and file setup for Audits/Exams.
- Assists with loan closings, processing and coordination.
- Ensures approved loans are processed accurately and expeditiously according to the Bank and customer needs.
- Coordinate with the Title Companies as necessary, obtains required information and/or documentation from title company and clients (ex. insurance) to close on the loan in a timely manner.
- Responds to client queries and resolves routine problems related to processing and servicing of loans.
- May monitor loan disbursements and ensure they comply with bank requirements.
- Prepare monthly construction loan reports for manager.
- Assist with monitoring loans and determines when updates to documentation, e.g. financial statements, are required.
- Assists loan officers in verification of funds with mortgage companies and contractors.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Working knowledge of business software (Word/Excel/Bank related systems).
- Knowledge of lending policies and general construction processes.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
Associates Degree preferred.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a financial institution, lending, real estate or related area.