This position assists the lending function by gathering and analyzing credit information on current and potential borrowers and determining credit risk for diversified types of loans.
- Assists loan officers in writing loan requests and proposals.
- Promotes quality customer relations and refers customers to appropriate staff for new services.
- Assists loan officers in performing pre-qualification assessment and analysis of financial condition and risk of financing requests within framework of Bank credit culture and current economic and industry trends.
a. Gathers data from customers, investors, and other sources.
b. Prepares spreadsheets and analyzes financial information including financial statements
c. Contacts customers for additional information and clarification of data.
- As instructed, compiles data from industry peer comparisons, perform financial analyses and other related tasks.
- Based on analysis, makes recommendation on loan structures and terms to loan officers and assists in the writing of financial analysis and reports.
- Assist with loan processing and coordination.
- Monitors loans and determines when updates to documentation, e.g. financial statements, are required. Informs loan officers and monitors accounts.
- Participate in the on-going computerization of the loan review function.
- Assist in providing deposit and loan account ratings for loan officers.
- Update and corresponds with legal counsel and collectors on workouts, bankruptcies, and charge-offs to ensure all possible precautionary actions or measures are taken.
- Understands government regulations with particular emphasis on the Bank Secrecy Act and related regulations and the fact that compliance with BSA regulations is an enterprise responsibility.
- May represent the Bank in various community, civic and community reinvestment functions to promote the Bank’s image and develop additional business.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, business, or related field preferred.
- Basic knowledge of lending, compliance or CRA.
- Proficient in Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of Horizon.
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and detail oriented.
Minimum of two years’ experience in a financial institution in an accounting/financial, lending, credit analysis or related area.