Loan Operations/Disbursement Specialist
The Loan Operations/Disbursement Specialist role is to assist our Construction Loan Officers/Managers in gathering and analyzing Draw information on current and past draws.
- Assist with managing construction loans: analyze draw request to ensure compliance with policies & procedures.
- Assist with the setup of client spreadsheet/disbursement files and if needed contact customers to arrange for orientation meeting with regards to the disbursement process.
- Set up folders and save all disbursements documents to include: Draw Request, Endorsements, Inspection Reports and Spreadsheet in the Shared Drive.
- Provide superior customer service in order to ensure client satisfaction.
- Process both routine and complex monetary and non-monetary transactions.
- Coordinate with title companies to research and verify titles and endorsements.
- Coordinate with insurance companies for required policies including: Course of Construction, General Liability and Worker's Compensation Insurance.
- Provide assistance to relationship managers regarding overdraft accounts and other tasks assigned.
- Participates in the on-going computerization of the loan review function and file setup for Audits/Exams.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, business, or related field.
- Basic knowledge of commercial, construction, real estate and consumer loan processing.
- Understanding of financial statements, tax returns and basic financial analysis.
- Understands government regulations with particular emphasis on the Bank Secrecy Act and related regulations and the fact that compliance with BSA regulations is an enterprise responsibility.
- Strong analytic and computer skills, interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively present information, verbally, and in writing.
Minimum of two years’ experience in a financial institution in an accounting/financial, lending, or related area. Real estate lending experience preferred.