Sr. Credit Analyst
This position assists lending function by gathering and analyzing credit information on current and potential borrowers and determining credit risk for diversified types of loans.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Position assists loan officers in performing loan underwriting and analysis of financial condition and risk of new and existing commercial real estate financing requests within framework of Bank credit culture and current economic and industry trends.
- Gathers financial and market data from customers and other sources.
- Prepares spreadsheets and analyzes financial information including property rent rolls, operating statements, financial statements and tax returns.
- Contacts customers for additional information and clarification of data.
- Supports loan officers in writing loan requests and proposals within Bank Policy, including presentation to Credit Administration.
- Assists in coordination/engagement of appraisal, environmental and title reports.
- Orders appropriate loan documents and assists in the coordination of loan closings.
- Promotes quality customer relations and refers customers to appropriate staff for new services.
- Monitors/manages existing loan portfolio for reporting compliance and appropriate credit risk ratings, including CRE term loan reviews.
- Assists loan officers in verification of funds with mortgage companies and contractors.
- Understands government regulations with particular emphasis on the Bank Secrecy Act and related regulations and the fact that compliance with BSA regulations is an enterprise responsibility.
- May represent the Bank in various community, civic and community reinvestment functions to promote the Bank’s image and develop additional business.
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- Possess basic computer skills (Word/Excel/Bank related systems, etc.), knowledge of lending policies and general commercial real estate knowledge.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, communicate well and be responsive in order to meet all deadlines.
- Assists in development of more junior credit analysts.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a financial institution in a financial, lending, credit analysis or related area.
- Commercial Real Estate underwriting experience preferred
Thursday, January 9, 2020