Client Service Representative, Support Services
This is a client service position integral to our day-to-day bank operations. The ideal candidate comes to us with a strong work ethic, great communication, major attention to detail, ability to retain information, and excellent client service skills.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
· Performs routine and intermediate client service duties; balancing GLs and other daily maintenance operations reports, online banking and other cash management functions (RDC, Wires, ACH), cash letter adjustments, and other client transactions as requested.
· Promotes business for the Bank by maintaining quality client relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services.
· Processes client transactions as requested, ensuring that all necessary documents are properly authorized, in proper form, within authorized limits, and completed accurately.
· Operates computer terminal or personal computer to process account activity, determine balances, and resolve problems within given authority.
· Receives and processes research (check and statement copies) upon client request.
· Receives and processes stop payment and hold orders.
· Receives and processes client transfers.
· Establishes proper identification of new customers and determines need and extent of reference investigation.
· Cross-sells the Bank’s other products and services, referring customers to appropriate staff as indicated.
· Records, files, and updates client information, with appropriate verification.
· Prepares wire transfers, incoming and outgoing, performs call back (verbal confirmation).
· Gathers data and processes various reports (e.g., currency transaction, returned items, overdrafts, maintenance, callbacks, etc.).
· Processes credit ratings, verification of deposit, certifications, cash letter adjustments, and deposit corrections.
· Maintains files, copies, and fax documents.
· May prepare and research data for levies and garnishments.
· Assist clients with debit card transaction research, including ordering new debit cards, processing Regulation E claims.
· Assist clients with Online Banking including but not limited to, resetting passwords, bill pay, building users, assisting clients with troubleshooting, reviewing potential fraudulent transactions, and other functionality.
· May assist clients with Mobile Banking and Mobile Remote Deposit Capture including but not limited to, enrollment and basic functionality.
· May Assist with Remote Deposit Capture including but not limited to, reviewing deposits, resetting passwords, assisting clients with troubleshooting, and other basic functionality.
· May assist New Accounts (ordering checks, processing credit card applications) as required, or for back up to other personnel.
· Attends and contributes to Operations and All Staff meetings held periodically.
· Other duties as assigned by management.
· Assists management in ensuring compliance with applicable banking regulations, with particular emphasis on the Bank Secrecy Act. Understands government regulations with particular emphasis on the Bank Secrecy Act and related regulations and the fact that compliance with BSA regulations is an enterprise responsibility.
· Other related compliance areas (as they pertain to Operations):
o Expedited Funds Availability – Regulation CC
o Red Flags – Identity Theft
o Error Resolution – Regulation E
o Truth in Savings – Regulation DD
o Reserve Requirements for Depository Institutions – Regulation D
o Privacy of Consumer Financial Information – Regulation P/GLBA
o Prohibition on Funding of Unlawful Internet Gambling – Regulation GG
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, self-motivation, and a strong computer aptitude.
High School Diploma. Minimum 2 years related experience preferred.